Simply the best.
1. Subject to the terms and conditions set out below, Smiths BBQ’s will repair or replace the Smiths BBQ’s product which it supplied to you, in circumstances where the product does not perform in accordance with Smiths BBQ’s specifications during the Standard Warranty period of 12 months. Where there is no proof of delivery, this date will be assumed to be 3 business days from the date of dispatch of the product.
2. The benefits provided to you by this contractual product warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies available to you under the law.
3. Proof of purchase (Invoice or Paid Order Confirmation) must be provided when requesting service under Standard Warranty of products.
4. Smiths BBQ’s requires any customer requesting service under Standard Warranty to comply with directions from Smiths BBQ’s staff in relation to troubleshooting any issue and facilitating any repair or replacement under these Warranty Terms and Conditions.
5. Where products are already faulty or damaged upon delivery, photographic evidence of the damage must be submitted to Smiths BBQ’s Support via the Smiths BBQ’s Help Centre before the product will be repaired or replaced in accordance with these Terms.
6. Smiths BBQ’s reserves the right to replace the product or relevant part with the same or equivalent product or part, rather than repair it. Where a replacement is provided, Smiths BBQ’s reserves the right to replace the product or relevant part with the same or equivalent product or part, rather than repair it. Where a replacement is provided, Smiths BBQ’s will determine, in its discretion, the closest product within the then current range of products offered by Smiths BBQ’s with which to replace the faulty or damaged product. The replacement product may differ from the replaced product in size and specifications, at the reasonable discretion of Smiths BBQ’s. Smiths BBQ’s may replace parts with refurbished parts. Replacement of the product or a part under the Standard Warranty does not extend or restart the Standard Warranty period.
6.1 If Smiths BBQ’s is unable to repair or replace the product, the customer will be provided with credit for Smiths BBQ’s store or may be refunded the price of the product (at Smiths BBQ’s discretion). This credit or refund will be for the amount of the purchase price of the product excluding the associated Delivery Cost.
7. In the event that a replacement, refund, or store credit is provided as per section 6, the faulty item will become the property of Smiths BBQ’s.
8. Where Smiths BBQ’s authorises warranty service of a product, Smiths BBQ’s will organise for its authorised courier to pick up the product during business hours (between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday) and deliver it to the appropriate authorised repair centre, provided that the product is safely and securely packaged for safe transport. Smiths BBQ’s would prefer that the Smiths BBQ’s product be packed into it’s original packaging. In this situation Smiths BBQ’s will cover the cost of transport of the serviced product to and from the customer. Alternatively, the customer may take the product to the appropriate repair centre for service if Smiths BBQ’s specifically authorises the customer in writing to do so. Alternatively, the customer may post the product as directed by Smiths BBQ’s if Smiths BBQ’s specifically authorises the customer in writing to do so, in which case Smiths BBQ’s will refund the customer the cost of the postage on provision of a scanned copy of the postage receipt. The customer is responsible for inspecting all goods received from Smiths BBQ’s upon arrival. In instances where goods have been damaged in transit, the customer must report this to Smiths BBQ’s within 3 days of receipt of the product. Failure to report physical damage on arrival within 3 days of receipt may result in denial of warranty for physical damage.
9. Smiths BBQ’s reserves the right to determine which authorised repair centre (including Smiths BBQ’s internal repair facility) is the appropriate service location in any particular circumstance.
10. The product will be at the customer’s risk while in transit to and from the Smiths BBQ’s Authorised Repair Centre.
11. Smiths BBQ’s may seek reimbursement for any costs incurred by us where the product is found to be in good working order, or when it has been determined that the Standard Warranty does not apply as per section 17.
12. Smiths BBQ’s reserves reasonable discretion to determine whether any product is or is not performing in accordance with Smiths BBQ’s specifications, subject to applicable law.
13. Standard Warranty is transferrable to a new owner of a product originally purchased from the Smiths BBQ’s, provided Smiths BBQ’s is informed by contacting Smiths BBQ’s Sales via the Smiths BBQ’s email [email protected] within 7 days of the date of transfer.
14. To the full extent permitted by law, the Standard Warranty will not apply in respect of a product which:
i. Has not been installed, operated, maintained or used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions or specifications provided with the product;
ii. Has had the factory-applied serial number altered or removed from the product;
iii. Has suffered damage, malfunction or failure resulting from any alterations, accident, misuse, abuse, fire, liquid spillage, mis-adjustment of customer controls, force majeure, tampering or unauthorised repairs by any persons, use of defective or incompatible accessories, exposure to abnormally corrosive conditions or entry by any insect, vermin or foreign object in the product;
iv. Has damage which arose during transportation, installation or while moving the product, or had any transportation costs of the product or any parts thereof to and from the customer, unless otherwise specified in these Warranty Terms and Conditions;
v. Has any failure, to the extent that the failure is not a failure of the product to perform in accordance with its specifications;
15. To the full extent permitted by law:
i. Smiths BBQ’s will not be liable for any loss, damage or alterations to third party property or any part of the product, no matter how it occurs; or for any loss or damage arising from loss of use, loss of profits or revenue, or for any resulting indirect or consequential loss or damage if the Smiths BBQs product is not used or installed to the conditions set out in the Smiths BBQ’s product user manual.
ii. Smiths BBQ’s aggregate liability in respect of all claims under the Standard Warranty shall not exceed the original purchase price of the product or, at Smiths BBQ’s discretion, replacement of the product with a like or similar product.
iii. Smiths BBQ’s excludes all other warranties, conditions, terms, representations and undertakings whether express or implied.
16. Insofar as they apply to warranties relating to Smiths BBQ’s, these Standard Warranty Terms and Conditions are governed by and must be construed according to the law of the State of New South Wales, Australia and the parties submit to the jurisdiction of the courts in that State.
17. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Smiths BBQ’s can be contacted by telephone at 0269772700 or via email [email protected]
Smiths BBQ’s head office is located at 92 Goldfields Way Temora NSW 2666